Migrating Apps from Silverlight Beta 1 to Beta 2
- Removed Windows.Controls.* from project ClientBin
- Added reference to System.Net so that WebClient would be recognized
- Changed accessibility for OnApplyTemplate from protected to public on all custom controls
- Changed PropertyChangedCallback to PropertyMetadata.
- Removed FontSize and FontFamily Dependency Properties (where implemented).
- Removed reference to System.Windows.Controls.Data and readded…weirdness
- Changed DataGridTextBoxColumn to DataGridTextColumn
- Set the DefaultStyleKey on all custom controls to be typeof(CustomControlClass)
I migrated a line of business application has 4 functional views, 3 custom controls, and several datagrids in just under 2 hours.
Also, upgrading to Beta 2 eliminated a weird error that I received when trying to open my solution in Blend 2.5 March. It would give a fatal error with -2142382439820943 (can’t remember the actual number)…this was after I copied the solution from one local account’s home directory to another’s. So now I have designer access back!
Thanks MS! 🙂